Apr 17, 2010

Postcards

Photo0168Hi Well Friday Night Sew In turned into Friday Night Knit in.

The usual gang couldn’t get together so I just had a quiet night knitting up a lovely baby cardigan, in bamboo. This is a lovely silky yarn to work with and this pattern is pretty simple , I'll post a picture when I'm finished. This will be for a very special baby in our life. My daughter is 27wks pregnant and we are thrilled.

Also on Friday night I had to pack my bags for a Postcard workshop with Kay D Haerland on Saturday (today). This was organised by some ladies in our sewing group and it turned out to be a really great workshop. Kay is a very generous tutor with both her expertise and supplies. She was at all times calm and professional and most of all inspiring.

I have taken photos not just of my work but also the work of some of the other ladies. Unfortunately I didn’t take any photo’s of Kay’s work but believe me it was great. We all finished our leaf postcard and started on our own design before completing what Kay calls “Hug” cards. This workshop was full of useful techniques and gave me confidence to be a bit more adventurous with thread and my machine.

 

Have a great weekend and enjoy what you are doing love Annie

2 comments:

  1. Hi Annie! I can't wait to see the finished sweater! I admire anyone who can knit more than a scarf. I guess I'm not patient enough to count to make a shape other than a rectangle. Hope your week is going well!
    ~Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, a grand-ma in the making. I am sure that if will be a beautiful new addition to the family. The sweater look like it is going to be beautiful.

    Blissfully Stitching,
    Bobbie Ashley

    ReplyDelete