Nov 29, 2009

Christmas List Countdown

I have been wanting to make placemats  for Christmas + we had a challenge in our Tuesday Night group to make a placemat to use at our Christmas Dinner, I played a round with a few ideas, but wasn’t satisfied so eventually i went back to a bit of a tried and true method. I don’t know what it is called I was shown by a Yvonne so I refer to it as Yvonne’s method. It also works well on hand towels etc. I’m not sure where that photo is but it makes a quick and easy gift.

First you cut 9 width of 5 fabrics at 2.5”. One of the middle fabric and two of the other four

Photo0080You then join them in strips and and cross-cut them into 2.5” pieces.Photo0081  I then joined them moving the middle piece one space to the left, joining 7 pieces in total for each placemat.

Photo0082This is the tricky part and i didn’t take a photo but you then cut down the middle and join the two ends back together, to make a rectangle.

Photo0083I  then layered backing, batting and top together in the usual way and stippled with a gold thread and the bound as normal.

SANY0180

The next project i completed was some Christmas Bon-Bons from Hatched and Patched. It is such a clever, quick project. I volunteered to make them for the same Christmas Dinner. I didn’t do the stitchery on the front I cheated and used a Christmas charm. I think they are cute though. I used some ric-rac to turn the edge of the “stitchery medallion and found dental floss was best for gathering the ends. I just need to find some coordinating ribbon and another job done!

SANY0179Have a great week Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment